Can you believe we just lived the first month of 2018? Part of me totally felt like it went super fast, the other part of me thought it went extremely slow.  

The year started off with me getting my eyebrows microbladed again. It’d been a little over a year since I last had them done, so I just needed to have them refilled.  I love having them done.  I had Amanda from Aesthetically You do them. I can’t recommend her enough. Stay tuned for a giveaway happening with her at the end of February on my Instagram for all of you that have been wanting your eyelashes microbladed!

What would an “everyday happenings” post be without a trip to Disneyland right? Kyle and I planned to take a quick trip to Disneyland on Friday night and Saturday and then come home on the Sunday since he works long hours during the week right now and that was all we could do.  The day before we left, Kyle’s brother, Morgan, started joking that he wanted to come with us.  He hadn’t been to Disneyland since he was little and couldn’t ride most of the rides.  Friday morning at 1:00 am we got a text from him saying he booked his flight and was joining us! It was really fun. We weren’t planning on him coming, but it ended up being so much fun.  It was fun to take him around and show him all of our favorites! I’m pretty sure we convinced him it was the best place ever! 

One of the coolest parts of the trip was when I was riding Guardians of the Galaxy.  We had just gotten seated when I see a girl in the row in front of us and to the side do a double take.  She then says “I think I follow you on Instagram!” I was shocked! Someone noticed me from my blog! She then asked “Can I take a photo with you after?” I was seriously shocked and felt so happy and excited that someone recognized me from my blog.  We chatted afterward and took a photo together.  One of the moments I will never forget! Thanks Abby!

A crazy part of our month was when we our car got broken into.  We had gone to an escape room to celebrate our last night together before our friends went back to school, and when we got back to the car in downtown SLC, we saw everything in our car thrown around everywhere.  My Taylor Swift CD’s were scattered on the ground as was the insurance cards and first aid kit.  I was so bummed out.  We don’t live anything of value in our car because I have a huge fear of my car being broken into or stolen, so it was a bummer that it happened anyway. The worst part though was the sell.  They had Chick-Fil-A while in our car and then somehow smeared Chick-Fil-A sauce on the dashboard, steering wheel, and seats! It was so gross! Plus it smelled like drugs and alcohol, then mix in the old Chick-Fil-A and man…….we couldn’t stay in the car for very long.  Luckily they only took my auxiliary cord and sadly… favorite coat. I had taken my coat because I was worried we may have car problems and if so, I wanted to be prepared to be warm in case we needed to walk somewhere.  The escape rooms get really hot though, so I decided to leave my coat in the car while we went inside.  Sadly…..they took it.  I was so sad because it was my favorite coat I’ve ever worn, and I can’t find one like it anywhere this year.  Oh well.  I keep thinking that hopefully whoever stole it needed it more than me and at least someone is warm this winter. Probably the weirdest part was they left a nice, big first aid kit in our car. The cop told us it was worth over $400! We weren’t sure what it was and didn’t want to touch some strange looking bag (who knows what was inside) so we called the cops.  It took them 2 hours to show up. Luckily we have awesome friends who when found out, went and bought us hot chocolate and donuts and kept us company.  Downtown is a crazy place, we also saw a homeless man pass out and the ambulance come take him away.  It was such a crazy night.  We took the car to be detailed and now it doesn’t smell bad and all the stains are out. Thank goodness.  

Kyle started busy season again this month, so that’s probably been the worst part of January.  I miss him like crazy, but I make sure to stay up and we spend at least one hour together every night (so we don’t get to bed until like 1 am).  Plus our weekends are jam packed with fun and lots of time spent together!

The best part of January was that MY SISTER CAME HOME FROM HER MISSION! (Yes that needed to be in all caps.) It was so great to see her again! I’m so happy she is home.  I was really sick of her being gone and just ready for her to be home again.

That was my month in a nutshell! I swear I always look back and think “what did I do?”, but for reals now that I wrote it out, we had a crazy month! From Disneyland to our car being broken into and then Stephani coming home, we had a wild month! Can’t wait to see what February has in store for us!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This